Have found that Humane society of the United States (HSUS,) HQ in Washington DC, uses professional phone solicitors. Those solicitors are extremely rude.

Received calls from them 3-4 times a day, many times as late as nearly 9 PM. With caller ID and special ring tone, we just do not answer phones unless we know who it is. Contacting HSUS did not stop the calls at all. In fact they started calling only late at night.

When I got sick of it and answered the phone, the solicitor's attitude was that you "gave" us your phone number when you donated and we have every right to call you.

Heavens, yeah, all day, every day for weeks.

Do not donate, and if you do, don't give them your phone number. Also, HSUS sells your information to dozens of other charity too.

Comments

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #753234

The HMS stole My DOGS from My yard and charged Me 50.00 to get them back both of them were in top shape but they said I was not takeing care of them!!! BIGGEST LIE THAT HAS EVER BEEN told!!

BUT THEY WANT ME TO DONATE!!

I do,nt think so!! OFFICER OF MOORESVILLE NC get a real JOB AND stop ROBBING HARD WORKING PEOPLE!!!!

puppyparent
Denver, Colorado, United States #597097

I got caught up in the same scam with the Humane Society of the United States. They troll the internet for people with sad animal stories, reach out like they want to help, only to turn around and harass them for donations.

I've heard of this happening to a lot of people. I did some research and found the HSUS is not what they make themselves out to be. They are being investigated by Congress and the IRS regarding their lobbying efforts and use of the donations they receive.

They are even being sued under the RICO Act. Just do a Google search for hsus fraud and you will see what I mean.